|Personal Details Summary|
|Name||Tara McConnell (Also known as : Tara Tesher)|
|Age / How old / Birthday / Date of Birth / DOB||February 1, 1974. As of 2023, she is around 49 years old.|
|Wedding & Marriage / Tara McConnell Husband / Spouse / Partner||Married to Ed Tesher. Check the full bio for relationship details.|
|Children / No. of Kids||None|
|Ethnicity / Origin / Heritage / Race||White|
|Are Tara McConnell and Lisa Gleason related?||They’re not related to each other.|
Wiki Biography / Profile Background
- The founder & owner of a multi-million dollar company started from scratch, Tara McConnell is what every entrepreneur aspires to be! She is nicknamed the “QVC Queen” and has several companies to her name.
Personal Life, Parents and Family Details :
- Tara grew up in Upstate New York.
- Tara’s mother’s name is Gail McConnell. Her father has already passed away.
- On July 9th, 2016, she got married to Ed Tesher, changing her name to Tara McConnell Tesher. Their wedding took place near Rehoboth Bay in Delaware.
- About 70 numbers of family members and friends attended the wedding. The wedding ceremony was officiated by her foodie friend Mark Charles Misilli.
- Like Tara, Ed too grew up in New York.
Education : Qualifications, High School & College Info
- Mcconnell attended the Washingtonville Sr High School in Washingtonville & graduated with the class of 1992.
- She joined a college to study Psychology but during her internship engaged in other activities besides her academic course.
Tara McConnell Hill Net Worth : QVC & Business Career
- While she was studying for her graduation, Tara worked for any company she could find. Her career took a turn for better when she interned for marketing firm Coordinated Strategic Alliances (CSA).
- CSA sent her to China to learn about product manufacturing and sourcing. There, she came across Chinese artisans making beautiful baskets.
- She had her Eureka moment then and there, inspired by which she approached CSA with her idea of making an all-kitchenware set, that could be used to cook in the kitchen as well as look beautiful on the dining table. CSA supported her financially and gave the go-ahead for the manufacturing of the product.
- Back then, CSA was already advertising with QVC, thus they started promoting Tara’s stoneware & cooking product, named Temp-Tations on the network.
- Tara’s products worth $2 million were sold in no time! Buoyant by the success, she headed confidently on the business path and is now the owner of Temp-Tations Limited Liability Company.
- Now, she is also the founder of Tara at Home – a brand new and unique social sharing company.
- She gives at least 10 hours of her time per month to QVC, where she often promotes her product along with the host David Venable.
Interesting Facts and Trivia :
- Though she had little intention of being an entrepreneur, it was more about luck and keenness to achieve made Tara a huge success.
- Her product name was inspired by its usability, i.e., it could be used to cook (TEMP) at hot temperatures & then put in the fridge, and then taken out to serve at the table.
- Although Tara has never revealed Temp-tations’ actual sales figures, she disclosed the company had sold 10 million sets of merchandise in its first 10 years. If Temp-tations’ average set price was assumed to be $32, that would put the company’s sales at about $50 million (2013 estimate). A website called Buytemp-tations.com was launched in September 2013.
- Tara is good friends with Kevin Harrington. Kevin is a very successful entrepreneur who has publicly appeared on ABC’s famous TV show ‘Shark Tank.’
- Along with Kevin, she ran an educational entrepreneur-based event series ‘Make You Happen” at Sheraton Valley Forge Hotel in Pennsylvania. The program teaches the participants about the ‘Tara at Home’ business from scratch.
Disclaimer Statement: The kinnemaniac does not guarantee this article’s content. Readers should verify and use their judgment before trusting the content. Also Images used in this Article are copyright of their Respective Owners. Please use our Comment Box or Contact Us form to report this content. This information is not accountable for losses, injuries, or damages.